Our Wedding Venue In Washington
Sunday – Thursday
Friday – Saturday
General Event Information
- Facilities rent in nine-hour time blocks — a four-hour setup, four hours for the event, and one hour for breakdown.
- Any rental that runs past 4 p.m. is considered to be an “Evening Event.”
- All amplified music at events must end by 10:30 p.m. (unless the licensee has rented all rooms within the hotel).
- Events must end by 11 p.m. (unless the licensee has rented all rooms within the hotel).
- A non-refundable deposit of half of the facility rental rate is due at the time of booking. A final guest count and remaining balance are due one week out from the event date.
Facility Rental Includes:
- Assorted banquet tables
- Banquet-style chairs
- Podium and mic (if needed)
- Access to the catering kitchen
- The Fitzpatrick holds the sole on-site alcohol license. Any alcohol consumed in our event facilities must be provided by The Fitzpatrick. Various alcohol packages and pricing are available. Please inquire with your salesperson for more information.
- Outside alcohol violates our on-site license and is not allowed.
- Alcohol guest count guarantees are due seven days out from the event and cannot decrease beyond that point. The guest count can, however, increase up until 48 hours out from the event.
- Pre-paid, hosted bars include a licensed and insured bartender. Consumption, cash or ticketed bars will incur a $100 bartender fee for the four-hour event to cover labor.
- Event liability insurance is required for all events hosted at the historic Fitzpatrick Hotel. General liability special event insurance is used to protect the insured against property damage, bodily injury, etc. that may occur at your event.
- A certificate of liability (minimum $1 million) is required. The following companies must be listed as ‘additional insured’:
- Real Estate Advisory
- The Fitzpatrick Hotel
- Proof of insurance must be provided seven days out from the event date with final guest count and final payment.
- All caterers must be licensed and insured. Caterers are responsible for providing all of their own catering equipment, plates, flatware, etc.
- The kitchen and all facilities used by caterer must be returned to their original state, otherwise, a $250 (minimum) cleaning fee will be assessed to the licensee.
Setup and Cleaning Fee
- Should you need assistance setting up or breaking down your event, the hotel staff can assist for a $100 starting rate.
- Should event facilities not utilized by the caterer not be returned to their original state, a $250 (minimum) cleaning fee will be assessed.
Discounted Room Blocks
- Four rooms or more booked simultaneously associated with an event receive a 15% room rental discount.
- See separate room block agreement for more information.
- A ceremony fee of $150 will be assessed in order to host a wedding ceremony on site. The ceremony fee covers:
- For one and a half hours on a day preceding the event, clients may rehearse their ceremony with their officiant, bridal party, family, etc., here at the property.
- Adding the ceremony onto the event increases the event time from four hours to five hours.
Upgrade Options Within Fitzpatrick
- Please inquire with your salesperson for more information on the below upgrades offered internally at the Fitzpatrick.
- Customized event planning, wedding planning, and day-of coordination services
- Chair upgrades (garden chairs, Chiavari chairs, etc.)
- Event floral design
We look forward to working with you to make your event a great success!
For more information about our wedding venue in downtown Washington, email or call our Event Specialist, Brittany Buttrey: